Sunday, October 19, 2008






It's Sunday night and I just relaxing and getting ready for a busy week of school and basketball. My team has a game on Monday and one on Tuesday. I invited a local girls school over to our school for Tuesdays game. Apparently this school is "the" girls basketball school in Hong Kong. We are a very young team of mostly grade 10's and 11's and our best player, our best defender and two other potential starters won't be playing so it should be interesting...
We had a good weekend. Church was good this morning and then we went out for lunch at our favorite Mongolian restaurant for lunch.  This evening we started packing because we are moving in two weeks. 
Yesterday Jill and I took Hunter for a relatively short hike to a place where you can jump off cliffs into a really deep pool of water.  As I'm sure you can see in the pictures it is quite beautiful.  We were the only people there and we were lucky to find it. There happened to be a few people just leaving the spot when we went by and they gave us directions otherwise we never would have found it.
On the way home we were walking by a ditch and I happened to take a look into the ditch like I always do (checking for snakes). I thought I saw something poking up and when I went to look closer a HUGE snake took off trying to get away. Hunter and I (he was on my back) went chasing after it and Jill managed to get the camera out in time to get a picture.  If the ditch wasn't quite deep I would have been running for my life in the other direction but I felt pretty safe knowing it couldn't (at least I think it couldn't) get out of the ditch. I am terrified of snakes so whenever we're out in the country I'm always looking for them. We figure it must have been at least 7 feet long and judging by the color, size and dot on the back of the head I think it was some type of cobra. If there are any snake experts out there who can identify it in the picture let me know...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful spot. Looks like you all had a good time. Can't help you on the snake thing though. Love Mom S

8:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home